Financial Service Provider of the Year Award
The tradition of issuing the Financial Service Provider of the Year Award (formerly known as the Check Casher of the Year Award) began in 1991, with FiSCA deciding to recognize those individuals within the financial services industry who have achieved outstanding accomplishments in business management, community involvement, and industry advocacy.
Since 1991, each year the award has been presented to the person(s) who best demonstrates leadership and dedication within his or her company and as a member of FiSCA. These individuals are the industry’s finest ambassadors and for this they are recognized with the industry’s highest honor.
In 2008, FiSCA lost one of its founding fathers and brightest lights with the unexpected passing of Bill Siegel. Bill embodied all the characteristics of the Financial Service Provider of the Year – and then some. His passion, dedication and willingness to take on various industry challenges was evident. His commitment and contributions to the industry, as one-time FiSCA Chairman and long-time Board Member, were vast. It is for this reason that the FiSCA Board of Directors unanimously voted to remember and honor Bill by having this prestigious award carry his name. Starting in 2008, recipients began receiving The William Siegel Financial Service Provider of the Year Award.
Click below to read about these exemplary representatives of the financial service centers industry:
- 2018 - Eric Norrington of ACE Cash Express
- 2017 – Rob Zweig, Elisha Brown, William Staderman & Luis Peralta, FiSCA New Business Development Committee
- 2016 – Mike & Tina Hodges of Advance Financial
- 2015 – Jeffrey Silverman of M.S. Management
- 2014 – William "Ted" Saunders of Community Choice Financial
- 2013 – Richard Klein of Garden State Check Cashing
- 2012 – Joseph Coleman of RiteCheck
- 2011 – Robert Wolfberg of PLS
- 2010 – Richard Barr of Community Financial Service Centers
- 2009 – Sanford Herman of Checkmaster Financial Services
- 2008 – Jay Shipowitz of ACE Cash Express
- 2007 – Aggie Clark of Moneytree, Inc.
- 2006 – Ian MacKechnie of Amscot Financial
- 2005 – Steve Hanson of Hanson Management Corp.
- 2004 – Eric Norrington of ACE Cash Express Inc.
- 2003 – Joseph Coleman of RiteCheck Cashing Inc. and Brian Satisky of A&B Check Cashing
- 2002 – Gary Dachis of Unbank Company
- 2001 – Check Cashers Association of New York (now FSCNY)
- 2000 – Abby Hans of Hans Management
Earlier honorees are:
- 1999 – James Ball of Fast Cash, Inc.
- 1998 – William Siegel of Time Check Cashing
- 1997 –
- Martin Lieberman of Central Clearing Co.
- Ray Mustafa of The Pay-O-Matic Corp.
- James Ball of Fast Cash, Inc.
- Jerome Gagerman of Financial Clearings, Inc.
- Steve Hanson of Hanson Management Corp.
- Thomas Shauklas of Oak Brook Financial Corp.
- William Siegel of Check Time Check Cashing
- Rick Price of Melissa Check Cashing
- 1996 – Ray Hemmig of ACE Cash Express, Inc.
- 1995 – Manny Levy of N.Y.C. Check Express, Inc.
- 1994 – Jeffrey Silverman of M. S. Management Corporation
- 1993 – Steven Dale Burningham of Continental Currency Services, Inc.
- 1992 – Joseph Doyle of Check Cashing USA
- 1991 – Steve Wolf of the Pay-O-Matic Corp.